1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Guides you would like to see...

Discussion in 'Guides' started by AaronUS, Oct 22, 2018.

1. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

So which heroes first?

Here's your chance to get more info on a character, or request it gets done sooner rather than later.

Anyways thought I would do MC (Main Character ) next. Followed by Ryozen and Linus.

When next event get announced will post some details helping people pick teams for the event. By all means let us know who or what you want to find out about next.

2. Touch My Elmo

Touch My Elmo New Member

3. AaronUS

That list didn’t look complete to me. Also I was genuinely looking for input as to whom We should do next.

4. Prime

Prime New Member

If this thread is still active, a guide on buff stacking would be helpful. The in game descriptions haven't been the most helpful for me.

-Prime

Harvest likes this.
  5. AaronUS

It's active. I was more hoping for tell us about character x or dragon y.
    Thats a toughy. We'll uh have to get back to you on that one.

6. AaronUS

So I gave this subject some thoughts. I think we need to start devising some basic dragon guides leading up to high dragon battles. Cause who doesn't want those rewards?
    Also guides to Onslaught and any other challenges.

7. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

I was considering tackling Imperial Onslaught myself for some guides (one forum thread per element initially) a few weeks back before I got hit hard with an illness that lasted nearly all month. I might still do it, but if you will, I won't bother. I can offer my opinions/experiences to help on most everything in DL.

8. AaronUS

It is something can be team effort? Given the # of guides. Or maybe show one as template I could help knock out a few.

9. Harvest

The first and only drafted template looks like this:
    Imperial Onslaught Water
    [MS Painted Map, simple and not drawn to scale, includes "obstacles" if any]
    <Here's a map. Cower at the sheer artistry of the computer mouse.>

IO Water.png
    [Add captions. "Map not drawn to scale" "Those cucumbers represent fallen logs. How cumbersome."]
    Boss: Elite Axeman (Water)
    Telegraphed Pattern: Two swings on either side followed by a downward stroke that freezes. <It's the red attack>
    Status Ailment(s): Freeze
    Dragon Breakable Obstacles: Yes.
    Unavoidable Attack patterns:​
    [Same Map, with streaks and or circles of purple. May take more than one to visualize]
    Battle tips:
    [Input bullet points or a full on essay, idk]
    List of Characters optimal for this map <Usually want one with the appropriate status resist, right?>:
    [Bullet points from 5*-3*, or the other way around if you want]
    List of Dragons you might consider using here:
    [Again, more bullet points in whatever consistent order.]
    ----
    [Closing remarks and credits]

----
    It's all I got. I was stewing on the idea of each element gets their own thread, and then we make one extra and put all the links to serious guides on that thread for easy navigation along with other guides like Dragon Trials or weapon crafting/enhancing. /shrug

Also, I didn't bother putting a count on how many soldiers or monsters spawn and their spawning positions because that's way too much work and it might deter the reader even further.

Edit: I should remember to put a simple compass for the four cardinal directions

10. AaronUS

Above and beyond so far. OMG dark is so not fair with the spear traps all over. Anyways. Good job. Also want to touch on which WP are favorable if any. Characters optimal for the map would be Wind since wind > water right? heck yeah you got this.

11. Harvest

Dark IO is manageable imho. I'm always ranged, but I could Juliette if I had to melee. If you need to cross over "safely" without poisoning, just hug the walls when walking from one part to the next, or carefully slip through the center. With Water IO, before Addis visited the west, nearly all the freeze resist units were the 3*s. Only Aeleen and Hawk had 100% resist (both of which I did not even have for a good long while). The obstacles make it hard to navigate without taking extra damage and the basilisks spawning on either side make the dance even more troublesome. Frozen teammates makes the headache worse.

I... completely forgot about the WPs as I found them mostly insignificant. I've figured out my own positioning to not have to rely on super specific ones when it comes to IO. I'll try to remember to include those in the actual guide next time.

Yes, Wind units with Freeze resist is most optimal for Water IO. If I wasn't stuck tiptoeing with Lowen as the healer, I'm in town as Aeleen with a T2 5* Lance and saving the only other not-dead dps who could've died had I not clutch heal them. Been getting a lot of Lance practice for future HMC Pia. :')

---
    Btw. I'm on the verge of hunting for some detailed technicalities of Status Ailments and the Energize & Bleed Mechanics. I wanted to know what scales the damage and other info not actually made common knowledge (like earlier today, I found that I could bleed a foe through their FS-only-shield for some reason. At least through a helper Ieyasu. ...Second thought, maybe I should report it). The Wiki has failed me and potential sources are not in english. It may not be enough to classify as a real guide, but I think it'd be useful info to have in the future when deciding on building adventurers with de/buffs in the future.

12. AaronUS

good idea. there's also poison if you have a musashi, can try some poison & bleed.