1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Light Team ideas.

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by AaronUS, Feb 3, 2019.

1. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

Thinking of IO trying to get the beatdowns on stand and expert so I can use tickets.

I have Hilde, and Xiao Lei.

also have Linus. No have miss Julia. Looking at malka perhaps? Anyone else have good poison resists?

2. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

Fritz and Rawn are 100% poison resist, and putting those two together is great (especially if Rawn is promoted to get stun punisher. I had totally forgotten I had this boy since the beginning and only thought my Juli was my lone 100 poison resist). I assume you don't have Raemond either as you did not list him.

Xiao, Hilde, Linus, and Malka is fine. If you lead with Xiao, at least you don't have to move around too much while DPSing. The others, aside Hilde, should be able to take a few hits as your AI and with Hilde's S2.

3. AaronUS

Do not have Julie, Fritz or Rawn. Wasn't my idea to lead with Xiao Lei. But I suppose I can.

4. AaronUS

Updated: Promoted Xiao and Raemond so far. Malka next. This is likely the furthest I have invested in mana circles. Usually the number of dragon parts is/has been a deterrent to moving farther. I have recently invested in the double rewards thing. but even still going thru master 3x a day with double rewards is not enough. between the skill upgrades needing them, unbinds, there is always another node somewhere that needs more. ugh. But anyways everyone is at least opened up to 30. Working on the newly promoted. And uh I ran out of mana. I would have expected eldwater to run out. but 3 to 4 is easy. Probably wont be able to 5 star anybody. and theres the fact still have not made Standard or the Expert in Shadows IO. I'm not looking for pity - this just happens to be my weakest area of the game. Also the Buildings that upgrade from IO Im behind on that. Just have the first buildings. It's not just IO. The Dragon fights can't really do those unless I go co-op and trust me Im behind on Zodiark fights.

5. Harvest

You've made good progress towards your goal from your starting point! Having everyone on 30 mc is good enough for now.

Lessee... Just about every treasure and scales can be down/upgraded except Insignias at this time. Considering the fact that you also haven't been working on those dojos, you might have just delayed any progress in the near future for those buildings if you attempted to do double drop dailies period on IO Master instead of Expert. It's fine, tho. I was a month in before learning about Dojos. The lowest Dojos of mine are my Bows (11/11) while my highest are my Staffs (20/20). Don't do as I have and just leave all your dojos alone at 16/16 for the time being. It is way too costly past lv 16 that I could've MUB my wind staff long before this raid (skyborne specacle) happened. x-x

Ah yes. I remember being Mana starved myself, haha. It was an absolute struggle when I didn't think to hold onto my resources before I absolutely knew what to build for the upcoming raid. How wonderfully (/sarcasm) stressful.

Over time, once you have at least 2 characters built for each dragon trial (up to 40 mc, 45-50 mc if you really wanted to for one of three reasons I can think of), you'll get the hang of their patterns and realize just how easy the fights are that for some you could solo without needing a healer. I did so with Jupiter Master as Orion, and boy do I have the same story to share regarding my teammates... I cheese most of them using a melee baiter AI and a lead Wand/Bow adventurer, especially in Mercury back then. I'd do about the same ranged lead/melee AI strat on Zodiark but maybe with 2 baits in case one of them gets acid blasted in the face or caught in the chaos cage. ...huh, I'm actually starved of Dark Scales atm, and yet... I need more Squallscales and Glistscales for those dragon statues.

As for IO... Honestly, even as a well off Day 1 F2P, I still struggle soloing (aka using stamina) Master and Expert in most of them. Shadow IO is definitely the worst one overall. I have full teams to Fire/Water/Wind IO Master, but I can't auto it just yet. Light has too many opportunites to blind the gang that it's irritating to deal with (at least Verica AI can babysit me thru that with the delicious S1), but Shadow IO has Bow Soldiers for purple attacks on top of Poison traps and that's annoying because you don't want to get hit but you also have to tip toe every which way if you're not Julietta with a Wish Upon a Yuletree WP (I wanted that dang WP so bad...). Part of the problem, I think, was a lack of 100% poison resist adventurers back then.

Anyway, if you need some coop help in Dragon trials (not high dragon, pls. I'm not prepared!) or IO, heck even in Story mode Hard challenge, lmk. I go by Blood Harvest #9287 if you have a Discord account.

6. AaronUS

Update: Malka promoted to 4*, Mana Circles to 39ish along with Xiao and Raemond. Level 70 max. I have traded a few bigger scales back for the smaller ones. That helps a bunch.

Thanks for the offer. So far I'm finding people willing or also wanting to take out Jupiter on Master. Today was wind day, have 28 altar building on top of another one at 23. Dragontree in at 21ish. and then I have dojos going, but only in the 3-5 range. I do 2x runs for the orbs to use my dailies but thats it now. I sold back some of the bigger orbs. Traded I mean. Needed a few extras to hit the 100 regular needed. Still want to say overall my team strength weighs in over 11k but still can't get it. Gold Light has to be up there like wind. I'd say its the next highest levelled if not the same. Probably should start focusing on levelling up gold dragons more. Currently have alternated between Peng Lai (current event dragon) and some of the green/Wind ones. I think Peng just hit 60. I need to make sure golds are higher. Jeanne is 29ish Liger is 15ish. Uni is 20 I think. Jup is about 20 too, he's MUB now as are all the story dragons. Hali is now 7, smithy just hit 9. Right now making sure everyone has a basic 5* weapon MUB levelled to 100. Before I start going insane/enchanting...

7. Harvest

Nice, nice! Gratz on the Halidom and Smithy lvs. Oh and about those 5* weapons... my tip is to get them to T2 0UB, preferably with a damaging skill (and a little extra STR points too). Since I like to not have overlapping co-abilities, I can get away using one 5.2.0 weapons of all weapon types throughout all team sets.

As for the dragons... I assume you're speaking about their actual levels and not their Bond levels. For regular levels, you should aim for somewhere around lv 50 for every content but HDTs. For me, with teams that are between 13.5k and 14.7k team might, I use mostly 5* 0-1UB/4* 3-MUB dragons that are one lv away from the max as they are (uh, MUBs get the max lv treatment if they're really good ones). If it's not Phoenix or OG Silke, most are either lv 1 or lv 19-56. Stribog is 3UB and lv 60, but that is because I don't have HMid or Garuda for my future HMerc Lowen (I COULD HAVE GOTTEN MY FOURTH ONE FROM THIS WIND BANNER BUT NOOOO. GOODBYE MUB STRIBOG!:mad:). Tsumuji is MUB and max lv cause he gives more STR adventurer boost than my hybrid MUB OG Midgard and am currently using him for Skyborne Spectacle raid. Dragonfruit is abundant but gives hardly any EXP while Succulent Dragonfruit gives a lot of EXP but is yielded extremely little at harvest. Pick your favorites or don't; those desired for HDTs are better invested.

I do not know the finer details of your position so I cannot help any more than this. It could be because your dojos/altars aren't as invested either. However, to have already raised the ceiling enough to hit 11k on some teams, you're doing well! I remember when the game first launched and those who were only F2P were dreaming of hitting 10k alone by the first raid. The highest back then was a little over 12K, but then you'd have been called a Whale. XD

8. AaronUS

I spent money on the game. I hardly call $30 over a few months Whaling.. Thanks for your insights. Going to keep at it. Only recourse I have. Keep building my castle, altars, and dojos.

9. AaronUS

29ish on main light altar. main sword dojo now 10, and lance is 8. FWIW the IOs I can do standard/expert on have multiple 5* of that color. It would be nice if I didn't have to =) Meanwhile! May have to give thought on who to promote to 5* out of Malka, Xiao and Raemond. Have Hilde's mana circle at 42. Curing Curses look great to have - just didnt have enough wing parts at the time. (another set of dailies should do ).To be fair I haven't pushed Lin You as hard or any of the others. There's something, where AI and poison and barriers just suck extra hard or something. sheer numbers wise Light team should have it hands down. But end up wittling down the boss either losing to time or just watching them die one by one.

10. Harvest

Yeah, Poison and those Shield Soldiers are just as terrible a combination. Since you know you have the numbers to beat down the boss by sheer STR, maybe spamming skills and FSing a lot as Raemond might change that? Maybe we just need to be less lazy and start adventurer hopping mid fight even though we don't want to?

If I were to 5* any of those three in the team, if I want the 50 their mc, I'd go either or for Malka (DEF) and Xiao Lei (skill STR). If it's only up to 45 mc, it's Raemond then Xiao Lei. It's hard for me to justify promoting 3*s to 5*s tho...

Good work out there. You're steadily catching up to me, no problem!

11. AaronUS

Yeah I was just saying how I have all their mc unlock so far and there's nothing left to boost them unless I can promote. Other than the another day/another building I currently do.
    So far I have not pulled anything. Which is ok/ cause I got some good pulls last time. Heh I doubted a 3* orion would make me smile, either. :eek:P A couple of ten pulls and get total zeroes. Some eldwater can never have enough. IF I promote any 4* to 5. It should be Karina, after all she was my first. Better or worse- my account was built off her help assisting MC with everything in the early days. May just do that. My Ice team isn't there either. I have lily, karina, thaniel, and dragonyule nefaria. Seems the third IO of the four is too much currently. But hey I am getting those bronze pieces to build the buildings. Wind and Light I seem to nailed the third one and just use skip tickets.

12. AaronUS

Update: Odetta wasn't my first choice but if I knew what I know now. I'd have been less salty. Poison Res. in the nodes. She had 50% in the tier 2s. In tier 3s she has 100% along with the upgrade force strike. Top that off with starting to make tier 2 5* swords.. She is definitely a damage dealer for IO.

13. AaronUS

Albert.. yeah he'd be awesome. But I don't have him yet. Congrats. Look like he has the same great poison resists or better.

14. Harvest

The only thing Albert has going for him is the edge in stats, Xander levels of FS goodness, and all around kit made for vicious offense from the start (no build up like Xander).

Odetta is marked as an attack unit, but she could also be a sub hybrid healer-support with that heal/str buff aoe. She also has a 40% chance Def debuff at Lv 2/3 Liberty Slash.

Even if you didn't score Albert, Odetta is actually a fearsome 4* Light Sword herself. Where Albert runs off on his own to smite some chums and eat ODs for breakfast, Odetta is the team player you want at your side to sooth those mistake bruises and raise morale. Again, that's what I sense from judging from their kits.

I'll work on Odetta up till 40 mc later for VB Manticore. Then I won't be stuck with being the spare Julietta of teams if I couldn't Hildegard! I do a lousy job as Fritz so I can't trust myself to use him there.

AaronUS likes this.
  15. AaronUS

Yep the S2 is more like AOE Heal & Buff now. Concentrate on being a wrecking ball now. Still would like to have ms julia or albert. she owns the 1 spot, miss hilde or felicia can focus on healing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019