1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

New Year's Dragons, Marashiten(Shadow) and Sashimai(Light)

Discussion in 'Characters, Dragons and Wyrmprints' started by AaronUS, Jan 9, 2019.

1. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

While seasonal please post what you think.

My own take is meh. Sorry devs. Artwork is great and all. I totally dislike the way these dragons skills work. Also I just have serious doubts mainly because I'm expecting a gift giving dragon to do serious DPS. blah.

I'm all for new content, new experiences and new cultures. So I am very thankful for the addition of more characters, stories, and dragons.

2. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

I don't have Marishiten but I know that having high adventurer strength boost is fantastic in this game. It's not like we will transform at least 3 times, but getting a bleed stuck on the foe will help even after the shapeshift timer expires and that's all that matters to me. Fantastically clean artwork for her portrait; loving the hawk wings. I switched from Eng VA before the banner dropped so idk what she sounds like. She's as gruff sounding as I expected her to be in Japanese.

This is the first time we had any dragon give something other than HP or Atk or Hybrid for an adventurer boost. If I ever had to use him, it's either for Julietta or on an AI that I'd switch to midfight to buff gamble the entire team. Unfortunately, Shishimai is super useless kit-wise for nearly every situation, and will likely never see light of day unless a light adventurer that lives for crit dmg boost comes along. Absolutely love his concept art, just wish he wasn't a half-pseudo dragon. His Japanese VA makes him sound so silly and adorable. I have no idea how he attacks normally.

AaronUS likes this.
  3. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

With the rerun of Eastern Emissaries, I got super lucky landing Marishiten on the first draw (only a single ticket, mind you)! I have yet to use her as I have enough MUB Juggernauts to use over a 2-sunlit-UB Marishiten. I had previously used 4 sunlight stones on D!Jeanne long before we had news of the Bleed Brigade touring again, rip.

About Shishimai... Good lord is he actually seeing the light! Especially when you have a promoted Xiao Lei or a promoted Odetta to equip him on. His crit damage boost is still bad, but right now his skill is the absolute bomb for Sabnock's Nightmare because it buffs EVERYONE. I mean not just your team but even those who're fighting alongside you!! Apparently, the distinction between "all teammates" and "all allies" has been lost in translation from Japanese to English (for shame, translation team), which means we need to go through the data extra thoroughly for any other misinformation. If you're not busy doing the bleed party, maybe you can consider attempting this kind of setup. I'm thinking 45mc Odetta with Lunar Festivities or The Shining Overlord + Bellathorna and Shishimai.

4. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

He needs the buff I guess or no one would use. Poor guy.