1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

No 3 or 4 star event units

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by AaronUS, Mar 13, 2019.

1. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

Title says it. Either you win big and get a 5* or you don't. IMO should have made at least 1 3 and 4 to put out there.

2. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

I'd probably agree with you outright any other time, but today I think it's reasonable to not have a 3 or 4* adventurer for a few reasons I can think of.
    • Nefaria was the only naturally permanent 5* Shadow Adventurer who is a Bow user. Very unappealing with Light and Wind Bows over saturation and being outdone by Wand users.
    • Nyarlathotep is basically our first 5* Shadow Dragon to majorly boost Attack.
    • Heinwald is a battle cleric, but ultimately another sanctioned 5* healer. Like, we really need more 5* healers than simply two Hildegards.
    • Adventurer summon rate is mysteriously boosted over WPs this time.
    • About 76% of the released Shadow roster has Paralysis Resist in some fashion. Only 4 have Blind Resist (Pietro is water and is not included) and Vida has Stun resist.
    • We had no time to rest between Shadow Raid and Shadow Facility.
    • Shadow is the most starved of all 5 elements; there'll be future opportunities pick clean our pockets, especially come blind event. Cygames likely knows it all too well.
    • Teased Half Anniversary and/or DraGala coming soon.
    I want to claim this banner to be quite balanced temptation-wise but... I'm spoiled rotten as I've been running amok as a day 1 F2Per having collected most of the seasonals and am in a comfortable spot with my rosters for the long run. The only things I really want to pull now are 5* dragons and WPs, more eldwater, and the likelihood that Harle gets put in the roster. I've had very little issue picking up 3 or 4*s within 20-30 pulls (though Berserker and Vixel do need to get home already...).

3. AaronUS

I'd almost agree with you if they were handing out 5stars more readily. However, they are not. It is quite possible you can do pulls and get NOTHING to help you with said event. It's not that I don't like the dragon and 5 stars.. I'm not spending cash on this game. Not even with the pity system they have are you actually guaranteed anything.

4. AaronUS

I guess what I was trying to say... "Throw us a bone here. " Not to take away from other things. You either win big and hit a 5 star or you get nothing. I'm done pulling on this banner.
    Meh.

Harvest likes this.
  5. AaronUS

I have gotten lucky and hit rolls in the past. FWIW I'm not saying the game is poo. or I hate rng. Thats why games need a pity rate. Gambling is only intended for the developers to make money. Also FWIW the free characters everyone gets/befriends have been exceptional too. I would have taken my 3 or 4* character and went on a less saltier dog. Meh. I'm not angry I'm just ready for the next already.

6. AaronUS

They weren't for me. Is this a fact or merely where you are at in your own pity rate?

7. AaronUS

I don't disagree. A different color healer would have more suited resists/protections. Although I literally use her everywhere. I guess thats to my detriment, but only so much mana for the mana circle upgrades.

8. AaronUS

I can't fathom why there isn't some kind of mileage system or a pick ticket you get eventually.

9. Harvest

Ah, my bad. I meant to write Featured Adventurers over WPs. :oops:

Here, without any pity rate built up: AdventureOverWP.jpg
    It's weird since we usually have the adventurer/dragon/WP rates at a 25%/25%/50% kind of deal.
    ---
    Aww, I genuinely wish I built my healers as smart as you back then. I just didn't luck out with neither Hildegard nor Verica from the beginning (but I was a phoenix magnet somehow). You're not stretched thin and it gives you more room to raise your favorites at your leisure. I just want the satisfaction of having backup adventurers I can use when filling in CoAb while on-color for the fight. If I have to be the designated healer, I got one prepped. I also don't like to waste the Adventurer EXP gain if I could help it... *shrug*
    ---
    I can't say I can truly see the need for that right now. The character pool is small enough to be manageable, even while we're complaining over rates and where nothing is guaranteed. I don't know much about other games aside DL, but judging by the reaction of reddit users who played other gachas by Cygames, it's safe to say that we might get a similar system implemented in the future. ...Should DL be as long lived at least. I mean--I hope it does. And, if we do get one, we might need tons of Wyrmites ready to sink into the particular banner that says we will be guaranteed that one Adventurer or Dragon.

10. AaronUS

Really? There must not be holes in your teams. I feel like I've been forced to use certain ones. Should have had mileage already. or a better pity rate. something. I'd prefer to choose what I think I need.

11. Harvest

Indeed the holes are small. The advantage of a day 1 player who had decent luck on her measly pulls and had previously only allowed herself 20-30 pulls per new banner on most occasions (thanks to those Updates 10folds and guaranteed 5* adventurer vouchers). Also have every freebie Dragon and Adventurer from Raids at my disposal.

I'm missing Berserker and Vixel from the released 4* pool of adventurers and only 4/14 5* pulls were dupes (Xander, Hawk, Lily, Heinwald). I did sink 100 pulls for Ieyasu (he was my 98th in the last 10-pull) and never got his Marishiten all throughout. Rerolled extensively for Nidhogg (Shadow BIAS!) and the rest of the 5* dragons are Poseidon, Cerberus, D!Jeanne d'Arc, Leviathan, and Long Long. I desperately need one 5* light dragon, please! Just one! I would trade my Lucretia or Albert for one if I could!!:mad:

Ironically enough, WPs evade me as if I am a disease carrier. I had 3 instances where I WANTED a focus 5* WP to pity break me and it was either an off-banner WP (I'm looking at you, Resounding Rendition and Heavenly Holiday) or the other focus 5* WP of the pair (wanted A Wish Upon the Yuletree, got The Prince of Dragonyule instead). Any other time I get pity broke by 5* WPs, which was surprisingly very few, I was merely apathetic. I mean, more pretty artwork I get to collect and read the stories as they get unbound.

I guess, because I've been endowed with adventurers with at least one 5* dragon in every element but light, and have handful of decent WPs on hand, I'm not easily made bitter/salty over my pulls presently (and to the future). I've made my peace from the start and have kept my hopes low so that I may be pleasantly thrilled when things come to pass. Ieyasu was the only one where I was really worried I'll never get within 110-ish pulls worth of vouchers and wyrmites I had at the time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. AaronUS

our pulls may be slightly different on an adventurer or dragon or two, but we are both missing some serious 5* dragons. WP's I cant say I care too much about till the next event makes me care. I have one for healing I set on the healer. 4 star dont cut it compared to might of 5 stars. The ability to wreck face fast is mainly what people assume dragons do. Let's hope we can eventually close those gaps later.