1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

NY's Tidings: Fortune from Afar - Raid Fight Rundown

Discussion in 'Raids & Missions' started by Harvest, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

This is just a fast post, written in the God forsaken hours on the day of launch, aimed to help players get an understanding of the Raid fight. Feel free to help refine this rough sketch if you'd like (fill in Boss moves' official names and the like).

--

Ideal Team:

__ Mostly Dark Adventurers, preferably with Paralysis resist and as much DPS you could muster. Healer is optional (defense buff, 20% shield, regen, or a heal that removes paralysis is best). Sneak in one off-color that's your highest DPS if your overall team might is lacking. Using a complete Mono-colored team (elemental advantage) can give you a pass in Expert and Special/Extra with slightly lower might than a Multi-colored one.

__ If you do have any, bring Phoenix or Cupid on one adventurer. For this fight, I highly recommend using Phoenix here because her regen will prove most useful. (I put her on Euden since he has Dragon Haste and perm atk buff every shapeshift. MORE DPS!)

__ As per Raid Tradition, please bring a minimum of +24% Shapeshift Prep. Any combination of the 3 WPs (King's Countenance, Dragon's Nest, and/or Dragon Arcanum), as long as you meet the minimum, placed on your 3 AI. Your shapeshift prep affects your squad mates' too.
    --

What to watch out for in the Raid Fight

I must say that this is all from my questionable memory.

__ Shishimai has a gift box on his back that you can target. EVERYONE MUST FOCUS ON IT because it DROPS EXTRA LOOT for everyone. It will spawn back after he does the "Gift-Giving Dance," so don't forget to break it again before finishing the boss off. Simply put? Break box twice and then slay the dragon.

Extra note: Do not OD Break Shishimai right after busting the first gift box as it will delay the second's spawning.

__ Swirly Spinny Top: Shishimai will spawn 3 spinning tops to glide about the arena. A nuisance as it can cause knockback.

__ Bamboo Bomber: He can summon some decorative bamboo shoots, targeting your lead Adventurer's initial position (it does not track). It's a purple attack, so make sure to roll out of the way. If you break the bamboo, you will have a floor area that will boost atk for a short while and add to your dragon meter. The buff can also stack if you pick it up twice in both normal and dragon forms.

__ Dance of the Sunrise: It is a series of purple attacks in one skill while he's centered on the arena. One that stretches from Shishimai to the edge of the arena and moves counter-clockwise. There will be slits in between to position yourselves to not get hit in each strike, but it is relatively weak enough to tank one or two hits. This is an especially good time to Phoenix and pop her skill here as it's a little fast to keep up for your AI and sometimes your teammates too. I should also mention that in Special/Extra, the final purple strike completely covers the floor. OD Break him quickly or hope someone does not eat dirt even with Phoenix's regen.

__ Shishimai has two unnamed moves that are red and can be dodged via rolling or skill iframes. One is an AOE that's the immediate area of him, while the other is as big a circular telegraph as the decorative bamboo shoots (3 in quick succession near his head). Don't have to worry about these two too much.

__ Hanetsuki Hail: It summons a total of 10 shuttlecocks, 5 at a time to cover half the battlefield, and is a purple attack. Easily avoidable if you stick close to the center of the arena.
    --
    Hope this helps at least a little. Boss is actually very easy, just takes time to kill box alone. No time limit title either so jive with Shishimai 15 times in Special/Extra and you get the title. Now go and have a Happy New Years and may the gacha gods bless you.

I'm gonna sleep now, it's 4 am. x-x

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

That's some good tips. I am at work now and even then I feel rough. Glad someone here though. Right. So the good news we have a setup where the ideal good guys have Dark attribute (from fancy new summon banner + friendship hero ).

We'll go over some changes as soon as we learn how exactly they work ~ as opposed to how it says it works. Like bosses can drop some damn cool prizes even summon tix, damascus ore, etc.. but is that 2 total? or can one get 2 each. Inquiring minds will want to know.. It appears that this is one to farm the hell out of (pun included).

3. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

A(n) DL acquaintance has confirmed for me that single vouchers drop 3 at a time (edit: looking back, it was after a Special/Extra. I seem to get only 1 in Expert. Ieyasu also drops vouchers, but idk how many). The other ones... I imagine it's one at a time cause those are god tier resources.

I usually farm the living daylights out of every raid anyway. Gotta get that mana and all those resources! ;)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Ieyasu is a Shadow attributed fighter, so his fight is elementally reverse of the Raid Boss'. Which is to say, use Light attributed Adventurers for the least effort.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  4. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

I hadn't gotten so far yet chief. but thanks for the update, very good to know!