1. Register before the Dragalia Lost is released and get a chance to win $15!

Click HERE for more details.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragalia Lost forum is looking for exclusive guides and character/dragon/wyrmprint spotlight articles writers and will pay per article.

Checkout this thread for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Ryozen

Discussion in 'Characters, Dragons and Wyrmprints' started by Harvest, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Harvest

Harvest Moderator Staff Member

Debut: Since 'Worldwide' Launch (Sept 27, 2018)

Rarity: [☆☆☆]
    Epithet: Dormant Demon
    Classification: Defense
    Weapon Type / Co-Ability: Lance / HP (up to +12%)
    Element: ☆[Light]

Lv 80 (+ 50 MC) HP: 808
    Lv 80 (+ 50 MC) ATK: 444

Abilities
    1. Lv. 1-2 Healing Doublebuff
    2. Lv. 1-2 Curse Resist
    3. Lv. 1 Overdrive Punisher
    [In total summary, 20 sec Regeneration every time he gains a DEF buff, +100% Curse Resist, and +8% DMG against foes in Overdrive]

Skills

Skill 1: Celestial Citadel "Increases the entire team's defense by 25% for 15 seconds." (Lv. 3)
    • 4367 SP Cost (Lv. 3)
    • Skill Type: Team DEF Buff
    • I.Frame: 1.4 second(s)
    • Unaffected by Energize
    Possibly the fastest team DEF buff to charge in game. Plus, it will always activate Ryozen's Healing Doublebuff Ability, making him just nearly impossible to kill if you play him right!

Skill 2: Lotus Lance "Deals 5 hits of 151% light damage to enemies directly ahead." (Lv. 2)
    • 4855 SP Cost (Lv. 2)
    • Skill Type: Damage
    • I.Frame: 2.2 Second(s)
    • Energize Affected
    Decent damage and good reach, roots him in place and takes a bit to finish with the animation. Make sure to have the target marker on your desired opponent and is within default distance of every lancer or it will stab the air in front of him alone.

If the opponent is about to move forward in their attack, always try to position yourself against the forward motion so that the skill can fully unload without wasting a jab. Just make sure it's not a purple telegraphed attack.

Likely to be seen
    :
    Someplace where foul mouthed bosses such as Zodiark and Void Battle Manticore exist.​

Helper Material?
    No.​

Promotion Worthy?
    This old man certainly is in my honest opinion, but... he's only good for bench warming your Halidom currently. A real shame.​

2. Harvest

I felt like making this thread for the this wonderful grandpa. I want to cry because there is no good reason to use him at all for nearly anything but to attempt Solo Void Battle Manticore for self satisfaction. I really like his kit, but he is completely outdone in every aspect except defense by Halloween Elisanne and Annelie, with the all the stunlock fiestas and Epithet runs and the fact that Fury Penetrator exists.

As things stand, he's a fantastic tank but is deemed useless for just about 100% of the content! He might as well have never joined the roster. His very essence is made of tears.

AaronUS likes this.
  3. AaronUS

AaronUS Moderator Staff Member

I didn't come to the same conclusion. I will say it depends if you have 5* of Light already or not and already use Jeanne D'arc. He is quite capable of lasting the fight. BUT don't expect him to DPS wow you. You want DPS you most likely do not need another tank.

The review is pretty spot on. I will also add I would use Jeanne with him as the ideal 5* since her ability is a longer lasting version of his. or was it his skill is the jr version of hers? ;)

4. Harvest

He's a great DEF buff bot, and I toted him around as AI prior to Halloween just to help my team survive in raids long enough. Nowadays, team comps almost always have a H!Elisanne and/or Annelie because it's a game of "how fast can you kill the boss?" Ryozen doesn't have much to offer to the team aside mediocre HP boost and Team DEF buff, and Overdrives are just a sneeze away from being toppled that it makes his measly OD Punisher Ability turn in its grave. His own base damage cannot be boosted by his own skills, so his solo DPS potential is severely lacking.

Jeanne d'Arc... I'd say it's overkill using her on him because I'm certain he can survive just fine without her under a skillful player. My first go to would be Cupid since he has the highest Adventurer ATK Boost of all light dragons, and he comes with a team Heal & team Crit Rate Up buff. After him, Gilgamesh, Jeanne, and finally Liger. Argh, I need a light 5* dragon badly...

When I can scrape up materials for a standard MUB 5* light lance, get an appropriate 5* light dragon, and not get distracted by other adventurers, I'm gonna go try VB Manticore Solo with this poor old man. I know I want to use a MUB Lord of the Skies and MUB First-Rate Hospitality for his WPs for sure... That's going to be a long while off, though. I'm so, so sorry Ryozen. /sobs

5. AaronUS

I guess one has to have both. at the time the account had no light 5 stars, only 5* dragon was jeanne and no cupid. If I had, I would use. Speaking of Jeanne and Garuda both are sitting at 40. need to make some more of those items for the max UB.

6. Harvest

Eeeeh good luck? Building up 4 Sunlight Stones takes eons. You also need enough dragons to get enough ores to make a single stone. :s

Who are you going to MUB first? Since I got gold-troll Garuda this banner, I'm thinking of reserving my sunlight stones until I know if my MUB Stribog will not suffice for HMC.

7. AaronUS

Who first eh? thats a good q. I will have to look at mari again, while the old fart dragon is mub already. I'd say Cerb if I wanted fire first. The hand puppets are rotfl funny but she does serious dmg. Garuda for wind. jeanne for ligtht. shes stuck @ 40. I think the puffball dark already can get to 55 if he doesnt goto max. Based on Likeability Garuda>>ALL. :D

still want a Louise.

Edit: now that I think about it. I'll have to double check later.

8. AaronUS

Mari is capped at 40 also. meh. uni 65, sylvia 65. Phoenix is mub. and all the story dragons ofc. Phantom is mub. Shishimai 55, Cerb is actually at 55 not 40. Liger 40. just between usefulness Jeanne. Probably should work on Liger/Phantom/Cerb/Peng Lai/Garuda as main 5*s to mub.

9. Harvest

yeah, don't touch those raid freebie dragons as candidates cause that'd be utter waste of Sunlight Stones. Liger, Cerberus, and Garuda should be the ones you can actually justify using those stones for. My pick would be tied between Cerberus and Garuda, though. Just depends on which HDT you want to tackle, but I think Garuda might require more Stones while it's safely confirmed that you don't need a MUB Cerberus (around 2 or 3UB will suffice) for HMS.